Questions To Ask When Interviewing Brokerages
TRAINING & EDUCATION
1. What type of training do you offer new agents?
2. Also, what kind of additional training do you offer experienced agents?
3. Are the courses in person or online?
4. Is training free or is there a cost?
5. Do you have a mentor program? How does it work?
6. Who do I talk to when I have contract questions?
7. Can I sit in on a training?
BROKERAGE EXPECTATIONS & ENVIRONMENT
8. How many agents are in the office?
9. How often do you have team meetings, trainings, lunch & learns, etc.
10. Is desk or phone duty a requirement of the office?
11. What are your expectations of me?
12. Can I get a tour of the office?
13. What is the company culture like?
14. Does the brokerage allow both full & part time agents?
BENEFITS OF THE BROKERAGE
15. What additional benefits do you offer your agents? Revenue or profit share, stocks, insurance options, etc.
16. What technology options do you offer?
17. Does the brokerage offer administrative support?
18. What times do I have access to the office?
19. Do you provide leads to your agents?
20. Will I be able to do Open Houses for other agents?
21. What are the commission splits?
22. Do you offer a commission cap?
23. What are the brokerage fees?
24. Are there franchise fees?
25. What other expenses should you know about?
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS YOU MAY WANT TO ASK ABOUT
26. What are your restrictions on personal branding?
Some brokerages only want you to use their branding in your marketing materials. Why does this matter to you? If you choose to leave your brokerage you’ll be starting from scratch to build up your name. Having your own personal brand is an important part of being a rock star agent!
GET THE SOCIETY NEWS ✨
Get tips, tools, fun news and product releases straight to your inbox.
We hate SPAM, too! You can unsubscribe at any time. (But you won't. want to.)